All terms and conditions outlined below are subject to change and are at the discretion of GMI OpCo (DBA “GMI”). The Buyer will be notified of any exceptions prior to the acceptance of Buyer’s purchase order. All transactions are subject to mutually acceptable documents.
- PAYMENT TERMS – All terms are subject to credit approval and GMI OpCo’s discretion. GMI reserves the right to require down payment to initiate order fulfillment.
- Existing Customers – Net 30 applicable to all active existing customers and Universities throughout the U.S. and Canada. Net 30 is subject to credit approval upon Purchase Order receipt. GMI reserves the right to require down payment to initiate order fulfillment.
- New Customers – 50% Down, 50% Balance Net 15 – Applies to new customers throughout the U.S. & Canada after receipt and approval of GMI’s new customer form. Payment is required prior to processing an order and can affect the lead-time quoted.
- International Orders – Prepayment via wire transfer– Applies to international accounts outside the U.S.. Payment is required prior to processing an order and can affect the lead-time quoted.
- All pricing is expressed in U.S. Dollars. The Buyer is responsible for all taxes, duties/customs fees and any costs of importation. If Buyer is tax exempt, you must provide the appropriate proof of tax exemption status with any purchase order.
- All General GMI warranties provide a Parts and Labor Warranty on all refurbished items once the product is received back at the GMI production facility (unless otherwise noted). The customer is responsible for shipping expenses to and from the GMI production facility (6511 Bunker Lake Blvd., Ramsey, MN 55303).
- GMI’s General Warranty does not cover any faults caused by operator error, abuse, neglect, or modifications of any kind, power surges and environmental influences. It also excludes lasers, lamps / bulbs or CCD digital cameras. Connection to electrical supply source other than what supplied instrumentation was originally configured for by original manufacturer voids warranty. Installation not conforming to original manufacturer’s guidelines voids warranty unless GMI pre-approved. Any maintenance or services performed during the warranty period by a party not authorized by GMI will void the product warranty. Lastly, any use by untrained operator voids warranty.
- SHIPMENTS / DELIVERIES
- Unless otherwise specified by the Buyer, GMI ships all orders “Prepay and Add (PP&A)”. Costs are paid to the carrier by GMI and added to your invoice. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to supply a preferred method of shipment and Buyer’s shipping account number if PP&A is not accepted by Buyer. International orders may be shipped Door to Airport or Door to Door. Broker information will be required for Door to Door shipments.
- Damaged Shipments – it is essential that you inspect your shipment IMMEDIATELY upon receipt. If external damage to the packaging is evident, it is the Buyer’s responsibility to note this damage with the driver immediately upon delivery. In addition, photos should be taken for claims processing and all damaged packaging should be obtained for claims inspection by the carrier. Immediately Upon opening the package you find missing components or damage to the items, you must contact the carrier immediately to file a claim if you are responsible for the shipment. If GMI supplied shipment to you as a Prepaid and Add, you must contact GMI immediately so they can arrange a claims inspection with the carrier. Note: If claims are not reported upon receipt, you will relinquish all rights to file a claim and be compensated for any repair or replacement costs. GMI reserves the right to repair a damaged product, where applicable before replacement or credit is determined.
- Cancelled orders / items are subject to a re-stocking and processing fee of 25% of the order / item if cancelled prior to shipment. For order deposits and prepayments charged to credit cards, the Buyer will be responsible for the processing fee for crediting their card.
- RETURN POLICY
- The Buyer can return an item under warranty without any penalties / re-stocking fees if GMI cannot repair / replace the item within 45 days from the date of complaint. If the Buyer refuses the Seller’s repair or replacement prior to the 45 days, they will be subject to a 25% restocking fee.
- Any non-warranty related returns requested within 30 days from the receipt of order will incur a 25% re-stocking fee of total order and all return freight costs.
- For returns under warranty, GMI will be responsible for all logistics and shipping costs within the U.S. For international orders, the Buyer is responsible for return shipping and custom fees.
- Returns are not accepted without prior approval by GMI accompanied by an authorized return number (RMA#). Buyer must keep original packaging for a period of 180 days or for the duration of the warranty to avoid box / packaging charges.
- The duration of a service contract is one year unless otherwise noted in the agreement.
- All GMI’s General Service Agreements donot cover any faults caused by operator error, abuse, neglect, or modifications of any kind, power surges and environmental influences. It also excludes lasers, lamps / bulbs or CCD digital cameras, and centrifuge drives and boards.
- Connection to electrical supply source other than what supplied instrumentation was originally configured for by original manufacturer voids the service contract.
- Any maintenance or services performed during the warranty period by a party not authorized by GMI will void the product warranty.
- Lastly, any use by untrained operator voids the service agreement.
- Quoted systems are reconditioned to meet or exceed original manufacturer’s specifications. Manufacturer’s guidelines / protocols will be followed as necessary, unless otherwise noted or specified by the Buyer. Only original manufacturer or equivalent parts / components, & consumables will be used during the reconditioning process. If necessary, all systems are to be reconditioned by trained technicians, unless otherwise noted.
- Some systems may be serviced & installed by the original equipment manufacturer or certified contractor.
- GMI is not responsible for any consequential or inconsequential damages caused by warranty & non-warranty related faults or use for any purpose other than its intended design. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to fully disclose the intent of use of the item and notify GMI of any special integration requirements that could define the suitability of the quoted item or its peripherals. Validation & calibration are solely the responsibility of the Buyer. GMI recommends that the Buyer certify or validate the system prior to use.
- Items are being sold for research use only. GMI is not responsible for inaccurate results when used for any human diagnostic applications.
- In some cases, instruments may require a license for either system software or for use for a specific application. It is up to the Buyer to register & acquire such licenses. Licenses must be acquired through the original manufacturers. GMI does not provide nor is GMI responsible for acquiring such licensing.
- GMI will not accept Purchase Orders without a quotation number reference on the PO. The quotation reference number signifies acceptance of all terms and conditions set forth by GMI, unless otherwise specified and agreed upon in writing. This Agreement, and all rights and obligations of the parties, whether arising under this Agreement or otherwise, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Delaware, without giving effect to its principles of conflict of laws. The sole and exclusive jurisdiction for resolution of any disputes between the parties shall be in the state and federal courts located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and each of the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.