BUY GMI CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED
Our engineers average over 22 years in the business, so feel confident that when you buy re-certified instruments from GMI, they are the best in the industry.
GMI is always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
We’re an industry leader in new and certified pre-owned laboratory instruments. Our customers include top universities (i.e. Harvard, Stanford, U of M), large public and private companies (i.e. General Mills, 3M, Exxon Mobil), and government agencies (i.e. FDA, NASA, NIH). We’re currently experiencing significant growth and need to increase our sales and service capacities.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the laboratory instrumentation industry!
(GMI, INC — Ramsey, MN)
Join GMI’s Summer 2019 Internship Program as a Digital Marketing Intern. Gain hands-on experience in your focus area of study. The Summer Internship Program allows undergraduate students an opportunity to gain experience and develop skills through challenging work assignments that truly add value to the business.
The Digital Marketing Intern will provide professional experience in a broad range of digital marketing projects to build brand awareness and drive lead generation on our web site. The role is instrumental in driving and increasing traffic to the company’s websites, recommending and implementing changes to improve the visitor experience, conduct thorough testing while ensuring brand consistency and positive brand image.
GMI is seeking an experienced Laboratory Instrumentation Service Engineer to help grow our production and service business. His/Her primary focus will be to install, maintain, repair and enhance a wide variety of laboratory instrumentation and equipment to GMI’s quality standards. This person will schedule and perform regular maintenance and calibration, troubleshoot, test and repair instruments. He/She will also determine when to work with external service providers for the more complex repairs and calibrations. Our Service Engineers have been critical in building GMI’s reputation as an industry leader in laboratory instrumentation quality. Ideal candidate would work out of our GMI HQ in Ramsey, MN. However, we also have openings in (Texas, South Carolina, California, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, and Denver).
For more information, check us out at www.gmi-inc.com
• Associates degree or higher in a technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience working with laboratory and analytical equipment or working in a repair or field service position
• Demonstrated quantitative, mechanical, electrical and computer skills required for troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating precision equipment
• Experience maintaining documentation in MS Word and Excel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience working collaboratively with various departments and outside vendors
• Must be a self-starter, work well with a wide variety of customers
• Must be able to work safely in many different environments including mechanical, electrical,
optical, chemical and biological laboratories.
• Ability to perform overnight travel up to 20% of the time
• Understanding of technical aspects of electronic equipment, its operation, repair and maintenance.
• Experience performing high complexity maintenance and repair on laboratory analytical equipment (i.e. GC, MS, HPLC, FPLC, Centrafication, Refrigeration, Liquid Scintillation, Histology, etc.)
• Experience maintaining biology equipment (i.e. plate readers, microscopes, pipettes, cell culture equipment, etc.)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
GMI, INC (Ramsey, MN)
GMI has provided its service offerings to:
GMI has competency with servicing many instrument models from the following manufacturers: