Agilent 6890N Series Network Gas Chromtatograph configured to end-user specification with choice of detector(s), injector, and data system.
Your GMI recertified GC system was refurbished to specification and tested by GMI’s manufacturer trained engineers ! Installation is (optionally) available. Please contact your technical sales engineer today for more detailed application information leading to your final configuration. Did you know GMI can provide method development as a professional service ?
Agilent 6890N System Capabilities:
- Dual channel design supports two inlets and two detectors.
- Full range digital data output enables the smallest and largest peaks to be quantitated in a single run.
- Full EPC is available for all inlets and detectors. Control range and resolution are optimized for the specific inlet or detector module.
- EPC with capillary columns provides four column flow control modes: constant pressure, ramped pressure (3 ramps), constant flow, or ramped flow (3 ramps). Column average linear velocity is calculated
- Atmospheric pressure and temperature compensation is standard, so results do not change, even when the laboratory environment does.
- Automatic Liquid Sampling is fully integrated into mainframe control.
- Set point and automation control can be done from the local keyboard or via a networked data system. Clock-time programming can be initiated from the front panel to initiate events (on/off, method start, etc) at a future date and time
- A run time deviation log is created for each analysis to ensure that all method parameters were achieved and maintained.
- Display of all GC and automatic liquid sampler (ALS) set points at the GC or data system. Agilent supports open connectivity by providing communication protocols to other vendors software such as ChromPerfect & Clarity
Configuration Options :
- Wide selection of inlets
- Split/splitless (S/SL) capillary
- Packed purged injection port (PPIP)
- Cool on-column (COC)
- Cool on-column with solvent vapor exit (COC-SVE)
- Programmable temperature vaporizing (PTV)
- Volatiles interface (VI) • Cooled injection system (CIS)
- Temperature-programmable pre-column Endlessly Configurable with;
- Agilent 7683 automatic liquid sampler
- Agilent G1888 headspace sampler
- Agilent 7694E headspace sampler
- Purge and trap
- Gas and liquid sampling valves
- Ambient air sampler and pre-concentrator
- Thermal desorber
No Sample Preparation? Headspace sampling can eliminate sample preparation by introducing volatile components automatically—from virtually any matrix—directly into the GC. A low-volume, highly inert volatiles interface is optimized for headspace-GC analysis, preventing sample loss or degradation. Agilent headspace instrument control is fully integrated into the software. High Sample Throughput The 6890N network GC system is already set up for the Agilent 7683 automatic liquid sampler, enabling fast and easy installation. Single or dual injectors, equipped with either an 8-sample turret or a 100-vial sample tray, allow unattended operation. Using the 11-vial transfer turret with the tray and the solvent saving mode, you have enough solvent to run unattended eight times longer than before.
Agilent 6890N System Specifications:
|Dimensions: 28 × 31 × 16 cm||Accommodates up to two 105 m × 0.530 mm id capillary columns or two 10-ft glass|
packed columns (9 in coil diameter, 1/4 in od), or two 20-ft stainless steel packed columns (1/8 in od)
|Operating temperature range||Ambient temperature +4 °C to 450 °C|
|Temperature Ramps||Supports 6 oven ramps with 7 plateaus. Negative ramps are allowed|
|Maximum achievable temperature ramp rate||120 °C/min (120 V units are limited to 75 °C/min|
|Maximum run time||999.99 min (16.7 h)|
|Valve Support||Support for up to 8 valves.|
– Valves 1-4, 12 V DC 13 watt in a heated valve box
– Valves 5-6, 24 V DC 100 mA unheated, for low power valve appliations
– Valves 7–8, externally powered as a remote event from separate contact closure
|Independent heated zones||not including oven: six (two inlets, two detectors, and two auxiliary)|
|Electronic Pneumatics Control (EPC)||• Atmospheric pressure compensation sensor to compensate for altitude and ambient temperature variation is standard.|
• Pressure may be adjusted by increments of 0.01 psi.
• Pressure/Flow ramps: Three maximum.
• Carrier and makeup gas settings selectable for He, H2, N2, and argon/methane.
• Flow or pressure setpoints for each inlet or detector parameter with on both Agilent 6890N and the ChemStations.
• Automated carrier has constant flow, when capillary column dimensions are entered into the 6890.
• Split/Splitless, PTV inlets have flow sensors for the control of split ratio.
• Inlet modules Pressure sensors: Accuracy:
• Detector modules
|Inlets||• Maximum of two inlets installed.|
• Inlets available:
|S/SL||• Suitable for all capillary columns.|
• Split ratios up to 7500:1 to avoid column overload.
• Splitless mode for trace analysis. Pressure-pulsed splitless is
• Maximum temperature: 400 °C.
• EPC available in two pressure ranges: 0–100 psig (0 to 680 kPa) for best control for columns 0.200 mm diameter; 0–
• Gas saver mode to reduce gas consumption without compromising performance.
• Optimized septum purge flow to eliminate “ghost” peaks.
• Total flow setting range:
|FID Detector||• Minimum detectable level (for tridecane): <1.8 pg C/s.|
• Linear dynamic range: >107 (±10%). Digital data makes entire range available without range changes.
• Data rates up to 200 Hz accommodate peaks as narrow as 25 ms at half height.
• Standard EPC for three gases:
• Available in two versions: capillary column optimized or adaptable for either packed or capillary columns.
• Flame out detection and automatic reignition.
• Grounded jet.
|TCD Detector||• Minimum detectable level: 400 pg propane/mL with He carrier. (This value may be affected by laboratory|
environment.)• Linear dynamic range: >105 ±5%.• Unique fluidic switching design provides rapid stabilization from turn-on, low-drift performance.• Signal polarity can be run programmed for components having higher thermal conductivity than the carrier gas.• Maximum temperature: 400 °C.
• Standard EPC for 2 gases (He, H2, Ar, or N2 – matched to carrier gas type).
• Makeup gas: 0 to 12 mL/min.
• Reference gas: 0 to 100 mL/min
|Micro-ECD Detector||• Minimum detectable level: <6 fg/mL lindane.|
• Proprietary signal linearization Linear dynamic range: >5 × 104 with lindane.
• Data acquisition rate: up to 50 Hz.
• Uses ß emission of <15 mCi 63Ni as the electron source.
• Unique micro-cell design minimizes contamination and optimizes sensitivity.
• 400 °C maximum operating temperature.
• Standard EPC makeup gas types: argon/5% methane or nitrogen; 0 to 150 mL/min.
• Dynamic range: >5 × 105 with lindane
A variety of detectors
- Mass selective (Agilent 5973N Series MSD)
- Flame ionization (FID)
- Thermal conductivity (TCD)
- Micro-electron capture (micro-ECD)
- Nitrogen-phosphorus (NPD)
- Pulsed flame photometric (PFPD)
- Photoionization (PID)
- Electrolytic conductivity (ELCD)
- Sulfur chemiluminescence (SCD)
- Nitrogen chemiluminescence (NCD)
Did you know that GMI offers complete and comprehensive maintenance and support plans – your choice- for one instrument or dozens-one facility or multi-site labs.
Rentals or Lease? No problem. We’d love to help with your financing or rental needs.
Thank you once again for considering purchasing this re-certified, refurbished-to-specification, Agilent 6890N GC or GC System from GMI. For over 20 years and over 100 installations GMI removes 100% of the risk in ‘buying used’ GC chromatography instrumentation to discerning scientists like you.
GMI is a ISO 9001:2008 certified company – your proof that your GC instrument purchase from GMI passes through rigorous refurbishing, recalibration, and recertification process, arriving at your laboratory in fully working order and defect free. We are not an auction company, and we nor are we an instrument broker… getting in the middle of ‘deals’. All items come complete with the final QC date, engineer’s ID#, and a copy of test results / QC data, if applicable.
Additionally, all items are thoroughly cleaned and professionally packaged / crated with care to ensure they arrive safely in your lab ready for professional installation.
Service, Parts, Relocations, Installations, Validations, Buy, Sell, Rent, Lease – one call does it all from GMI
Do you own an HP 5890 GC and want to ‘move up’ to a newer system? Your 5890 is eligible for the GMI “Trade-In Trade-up Program” Ask your representative today how to save big bucks on a 6890 or 7890 GC system from GMI !