Login to MyGMI
HP 5890 Series II Economy GC System with single detector (choice of FID or TCD) manual injection
System is refurbished to specification & is GMI Certified
This System Includes:
• HP 5890 Series II Gas Chromatograph
• Single Split Splitless Inlet
• Single detector choice (TCD or FID)
• Manual Injection Port
• Computer Data System (Win 7 PC) with preinstalled software
• Flat panel 17" monitor, keyboard, mouse
• All cables, electronically supplied manuals, & complete performance documentation
$ Call your sales representative for a customized quote on this Certified Pre-Owned HP 5890 Series GC system!
Your GMI recertified GC system was refurbished to specification and tested by manufacturer trained engineers ! Installation (optionally) available.
GMI has sold defect free HP 5890 series II GC Systems for 20 years and currently has on-hand inventory to build virtually any configuration.
Why buy a classic Hewlett Packard 5890 series GC? Other than a more economical solution compared to a 6890 or 7890……
The Hewlett Packard 5890 and 5890 II series continues to be the gold standard of reliability for gas chromatography and is still used by tens of thousands of scientists in thousands of laboratories worldwide.
HP 5890 series II and 5890 series II Plus GCs can be used reliably to analyse chemical components of complex samples in industry, toxicology, drug screening, food safety, forensics, as well as general chemical analysis. Each instrument can be configured to fit your specific analytical needs and budget. Remember that 75% of all routine analysis can be done just as well on a HP 5890 as on the next generation 6890 series with no degradation in the data obtained. The 5890 is a PROVEN workhorse! While the HP 5890 Series II Plus is specifically designed for Electronic Pressure Control (EPC), the classic HP 5890 Series II system will adequately accommodate 90% of all applications. This model gas chromatograph boasts of five inlet and six detector options as well as several control and pressure elements. Additional options include gas sampling valves and both liquid and headspace auto samplers as well as packaged with Chromperfect® control and analysis software running on Windows 10 ! This GC Instrument compatible with *Chemstation, or NEW Data (Award winning Chromperfect for Windows 10) Analysis Software, or DataApex Clarity
GMI supplied 5890 series GCs can provide users with options for columns, detectors and inlets to heighten equipment versatility.
Listed below are common GMI supplied configurations of the Hewlett Packard 5890 II Series:
• 5890 Series II single injector (split/split less or Packed) single FID detector
• 5890 Series II single injector (split/split less or Packed) single TCD detector
• 5890 Series II dual injectors (split/split less or Packed) dual FID detectors
• 5890 Series II dual injectors (split/split less or Packed) dual TCD detectors
• 5890 Series II dual injectors (split/split less or Packed) dual FID/TCD detectors
Need a mass selective detector? No problem, why not consult your sales engineer today.
NOTE: GMI no longer recommends purchase of 5890 Series GCs with ECD detectors. Such are END OF LIFE CYCLE .
GMI only promotes safe sustainable solutions.
Choose a 6890 series model if an ECD is required.
Did you know that GMI offers complete and comprehensive maintenance and support plans?
– your choice- for one instrument or dozens-one facility or multi-site labs.
Financing? Rentals or Lease? No problem. We’d love to help with your financing or rental needs.
Thank you once again for considering purchasing this re-certified, refurbished-to-specification, HP GC from GMI. For over 20 years and over 100 installations- GMI removes 100% of the risk in ‘buying used’ chromatography instrumentation to discerning scientists like you.
GMI is a ISO 9001:2008 certified company – your proof that your instrument purchase from GMI passes through rigorous refurbishing, recalibration, and recertification process, arriving at your laboratory in fully working order and defect free. We are not an auction company, and we nor are we an instrument broker… getting in the middle of ‘deals’. All items come complete with the final QC date, engineer’s ID#, and a copy of test results / QC data, if applicable. Additionally, all items are thoroughly cleaned and professionally packaged / crated with care to ensure they arrive safely in your lab ready for professional installation.
Service, Parts, Relocations, Installations, Validations, Buy, Sell, Rent, Lease – one call does it all from GMI
Do you own an 5890 and want to ‘move up’ to a newer system? Your 5890 may be eligible for the GMI “Trade-In Trade-up Program” for a discount off either a 6890 Series GC or a BRAND NEW GC.
Ask your representative today how to save on NEW GC system from GMI !
Inlet Options • 5890 PI (Packed Inlet)
• 5890 SSI (Split/Splitless Capillary Inlet)
• 5890 Temperature Prog. On-Column Inlet
• 5890 Split/Splitless Inlet w/EPC
• 5890 Temp Prog. On-Column Inlet w/EPC Split-only capillary
• Programmable Cool On- Column capillary (PCOC) (The PCOC injector is useful for biodiesel applications
Detector Options • 5890 FID (Flame Ionization Detector)
• 5890 TCD (Thermal Conductivity Detector)
• 5890 ECD (Electron Capture Detector)
• 5890 FPD (Flame Photometric Detector)
• 5890 NPD (Nitrogen Phosphorous Detector)
Split/Splitless Capillary • Range to 400°C in 1°C increments
• Back-pressure design permits independent adjustment of split flow rate without affecting column flow
• Septum purge built in at 3 ml/min
• Accepts columns up to 1.2-mm od
• Multimode design includes split and splitless injection
• Splitless purge time variable in 0.01-min elements
Flame Ionization Detector • Range to 450°C • Grounded jet and current limited design for operator safety
• Push-button flame ignition
o 18 mCoul/gm carbon: nitrogen carrier, 0.018-in. id jet
o 15 mCoul/gm carbon: helium carrier, 0.018-in. id jet
o 22mCoul/gm carbon: nitrogen carrier, 0.018-in. id capillary jet
o 18 mCoul/gm carbon: helium carrier, 0.018-in. id capillary jet
o Minimum detectable: 5 pg carbon/sec, nitrogen carrier at S/N=2
o Linear dynamic range: +/- 10% over a 10 7 range with 0.018-in. id jet
o Conditions: column flow 50 ml/min, 45 ml/min H2, 650 ml/min air, propane sample
Thermal Conductivity Detector • Range to 400 °C
• Single-filament (single column) design has fluidic switching of reference and analytical carrier flows
• Minimum detectable :400 pg/ml carrier -- equivalent to 1 pmm neon in 1 ml air
• Linear dynamic range:+/- 5% over 105 range
• Digital gain setting time-programmable through the keyboard Conditions: detector
• 100 °C, 45 ml/min switching and 30 ml/min analytical flow of helium, propane sample
Column Oven • Operating range: 4 °C above ambient to 450 °C
• Setpoint entry: 1 °C for temperatures, 0.1 °C for program rates
• Programming: Rates 0.1 to 70 °C per min, 650 min maximum run time, Three ramps with initial/final holds
7673B Autosampler Includes Injection tower, 100-sample tray and controller, INET Communications
We also carry instruments parts for the following other instruments categories.
- Amino Acid Analysis Parts
- Atomic Absorbtion Parts
- Autoclave Sterilizer Parts
- Balances Scale Parts
- Biochromatography Parts
- Biological Safety Cabinet Parts
- Biological Safety Cab Parts
- Blood Gas Anal-Coox Parts
- Blood Gas Parts
- Capillary Electrophoresis Parts
- Cell Processor Parts
- Centrifuge Consumables
- Centrifuge Parts
- Chart Recorder Parts
- Chemistry Analyzer Auto Parts
- Chemistry Analyzer Parts
- Chiller Heater ReCirculator Parts
- Coagulation Analyzer Parts
- Computer Peripheral Parts
- Concentrator Parts
- Consumable Lab Supplies Parts
- Cooximeter Parts
- Counter Colony Parts
- Cryo Storage Parts
- Densitometer Parts
- Dessicator Parts
- Digester Parts
- Diluter Parts
- Dissolution System Parts
- DNA Sequencer Parts
- DNA Synthesizer Parts
- Electrolyte Analyzer Parts
- Electrophoresis Parts
- Evaporator-Rotovap Parts
- Fermenter Bioreactor Parts
- Filter Testing Parts
- Flame-ISE Parts
- Flow Cytometer Parts
- Fraction Collector Parts
- Freeze Dryer Parts
- Freezer Parts
- Fume Hood Parts
- Gamma Counter Parts
- Gas Chromatograph Consumables
- Gas Chromatograph Parts
- Glove Box Parts
- Glucose Analyzer Parts
- Hematology Analyzer Parts
- Histology Consumables
- Histology Parts
- Homogenizer Parts
- HPLC Parts
- Immunoassay Parts
- Immunology Analyzer Parts
- Incubator Parts
- Integrator Parts
- Mercury Analyzer Parts
- Microbiology System Parts
- Microplate Reader Parts
- Microplate Washer Parts
- Microscope Parts
- Microscopes Parts
- Mill & Grinder Parts
- Mills and Grinder Parts
- Moisture Analysis Parts
- Molecular Imager Parts
- Osmometer Parts
- Oven Parts
- Particle & Cell Counters Parts
- Particle and Cell Counter Parts
- Parts Miscellaneous Parts
- pH Parts
- Pipetting Parts
- Production Factory Parts
- Protein Characterization Parts
- Protein Sequencer Parts
- Pump Parts
- Pumps Parts
- Reagent Parts
- Refractometer Parts
- Refrigerator Parts
- Robotic Liq Handler Parts
- Scintillation Consumables
- Scintillation Counter Parts
- Sonicator Homogenizer Parts
- Spectrophotometer Parts
- Speed Vac System Parts
- Stirrer Mixer Shaker Parts
- Test and Measurement Parts
- Thermal Analysis Parts
- Thermal Cycler Parts
- Thermal Cycler PCR Parts
- Trace Metal Anayzer Parts
- Urinalysis Parts
- Viscometry Parts
- Water Bath Parts
- Water Purification Parts
WHY BUY FROM GMI?
Your trusted source for new, factory clearance & certified pre-owned lab instruments since 1995.
GMI is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company - proof that your instruments pass through a rigorous re-certification process to ensure that it arrives at your laboratory defect-free and in full working order.We are neither an auction company nor an instrumentation broker. GMI employs our own factory-trained engineers to ensure full control of this process.Unlike small-time businesses and brokers, GMI goes beyond offering money-back promises. We offer real product warranties.Apart from our meticulous inspection processes, GMI’s available warranties and multi-year service agreements guarantee customer satisfaction - no need to go through frustrating and time-consuming product returns!Additionally, all items are thoroughly cleaned and professionally packaged/crated with care to insure they arrive in your lab ready for use.
We routinely save discerning laboratories 30-80% with our recertified pre-owned and factory clearance instrument offerings.
Quality? ISO 9001:2008 certified means we remove 100% of the risk in buying ‘used’ laboratory equipment.
Warranties from 90 days to a year as well as multi-year service agreements are available.