BD FACS Canto Flow Cytometer
- Two lasers for 6-colour analysis
- Cellular metabolism studies
- DNA analysis/ploidy/karyotyping
- Cytotoxicity studies
The FACS Canto Flow Cytometer has two lasers an air cooled 20mW solid state blue laser which excites at 488nm.
The other is a 17mW HeNe red laser which excites at 633nm which allows for 6-colour analysis.
Currently the FACS Canto Flow Cytometer can detect the following blue laser fluorescent dyes:
- FITC (525nm)
- PE (575nm)
- PerCP (678nm) or PerCP-Cy5.5 (695nm) and PE-Cy7(785nm).
- Cellular metabolism studies: including changes in intracellular calcium levels cellular pH and changes in membrane potential
- DNA analysis/ploidy/karyotyping: Studies of changes in DNA/RNA levels using DNA-binding dyes such as Ethidium bromide.
- Cytotoxicity studies: including studies of Natural killer cell activity and Cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) activity.